2 x 5-6oz lobster tails, uncooked
8 oz cream cheese
8 oz brie cheese
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1/2 cup sour cream
6 oz grated cheddar cheese
1/3 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons Hardcore Carnivore Amplify
1/2 teaspoon Cayenne powder
1/3 cup chopped scallions
6 oz gruyere (or other melting cheese)
- Heat a grill for medium cooking, 350-400f. You want to have it set up for two zone grilling – with the heat only on one side, creating a hot and cool zone.
- Split the lobster tails in half down the middle, then spritz with some spray oil on the meat side. Place them on the hot side of grill, meat side down, to cook for 5 minutes until they develop a little color. Flip the tails over and finish cooking a further 5-8 minutes until the meat is completely cooked and no longer transluscent.
- While the lobster is grilling, prepare the rest of the dip ingredients. For texture, I find it best to cut the rind off the brie, then cut the brie into 3/4 inch chunks.
- In a food processor, combine cream cheese, dijon, sour cream, cheddar, mayonnaise, Amplify and cayenne powder. Blitz until a smooth paste is formed, then scoop into a larger bowl.
- Remove the cooked lobster from the grill, remove it from it’s shell and chop it into pieces.
- Add the brie, lobster and scallions to the mixture, and stir to combine. Then, scoop the mixture into a small skillet or baking dish and top with the grated gruyere.
- Place the skillet onto the cool side of the grill, and shut the lid. The grill should still be at least 350f. Cook the dip for 15-20 minutes until the top is brown and bubbly, then serve.
- There’s a sweet spot for the texture of this dip that happens after it’s been allowed to cool for 10 minutes. It’s still delicious right off the grill, but it much runnier. I find that it’s easier to scoop up a fully loaded portion after it’s been allowed to cool just a little.
- If you already have the cooked lobster meat, you can make this recipe in an oven, rather than a grill.
- Category: appetizers
Keywords: lobster, seafood, brie, dip, appetizer