2 x T-Bone steaks, minimum 1″ thick each
1/2 teaspoon jalapeno powder
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon cumin
1–2 tablespoons butter
salt to taste
- In a bowl, combine jalapeno powder, garlic and cumin, stir to combine.
- Place a cast iron or heavy based skillet over a medium-high flame to heat up. Place the butter into the skillet to melt.
- While the butter is melting, season the T-bones generously on both sides with salt, then season again with the spice blend.
- Once the pan is hot and the butter is bubbling, place the steaks in to cook, turning every 30-60 seconds. Use a spoon to collect the hot melted butter and scoop it repeatedly over the tops of the steaks to help baste and cook.
- Continue this process until the steak has reached your desired level of doneness.
- Remove from pan and rest under foil at least 10 minutes before slicing and enjoying.
You can find a recipe for homemade jalapeno powder here.