1 turkey breast (see note 1)
24 oz thick cut bacon
2 tablespoon Hardcore Carnivore seasoning
1–2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat a smoker to 300f.
- Remove skin from turkey breast – it will not crisp when underneath the bacon and so the finished dish will have a better texture if it’s removed.
- Assemble the bacon weave on a piece of parchment paper to make it easier to handle. I used a grid of 8 x 10 strips.
- Stuff the concave side of the turkey breast with the cheese, then lay the tender in place to secure it. Turn it over so the convex side faces up, and place it gently onto a wire rack.
- Season the turkey with a light dusting of your preferred Hardcore Carnivore seasoning.
- Pick up the parchment paper and turn the bacon weave over onto the turkey breast. Tuck the edges and corners of the bacon weave under the turkey to form a nice tight parcel.
- Line a tray with foil then place the rack on top. You do not have to do this, but it will help with easy cleanup and stop cheese from melting into your smoker.
- Place the tray into the smoker and close the lid. Smoke for 1.5-2 hours until the breast reaches an internal temperature of 160-163f.
- Remove the turkey breast, rest for 5 -10 minutes loosely covered with foil, then slice and serve.
Note 1: when someone specifies chicken breast in a recipe, we accept it to mean one HALF of the breast meat, aka one side. However, when people reference turkey breast they usually refer to the whole breast. In THIS case, this recipe only uses HALF a turkey breast. It will work with a whole, but the cook time will be longer.
- Category: Main
- Method: BBQ
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: thanksgiving, holiday