3lb ground beef (at least 20% fat)
2 tablespoon paprika
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons ancho powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
1.5 teaspoons kosher salt
½ teaspoon ground clove
1 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine all ingredients (EXCEPT beef and oil) in a bowl.
- Place a large skillet over a stove or campfire at medium heat. Add the olive oil.
- Brown the ground beef , breaking it up as it cooks.
- Dump in the spice mix, and stir through the beef.
- Cook a further 10-15 minutes to allow flavors to mingle and beef to cook through thoroughly.
- Optional: Serve with eggs and tortillas for beefy breakfast tacos!