8 oz goats cheese
4 oz ricotta or cream cheese
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 oz thick cut bacon
2 tablespoons of thyme
1 tablespoon or Aleppo or red pepper flakes
1–2 tablespoons honey
toasted sourdough for serving
- In a food processor, place the goats cheese, ricotta or cream cheese, lemon juice and olive oil. Pulse until the mixture is combined and fluffy, then set aside.
- Cut the bacon into small pieces, then place into a saucepan and cook for 15-17 minutes until bacon is rendered and beginning to turn crispy.
- Add the pepper and thyme leaves to the bacon, then turn off heat. allow the mixture to sit for 2-5 minutes to let the pepper infuse with the bacon fat.
- Spread the cheese mixture into a shallow bowl, then spoon over the bacon and some of the flavored bacon fat.
- Drizzle with honey, then serve with the toasted sourdough.