12 oz jumbo pasta shells (30 total shells)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 lb ground venison
2 teaspoons of Hardcore Carnivore Red seasoning
2 cups packed frozen spinach, thawed
1 cup ricotta cheese
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
1 egg, beaten
2 teaspoons nutmeg
zest of one lemon
24 oz marinara sauce
2–3 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, and cook the pasta shells for 2-4 minutes less than the recommended time on the packed (they will be cooked again in the oven). Drain and set aside.
- Preheat an oven to 350f.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet, and brown the venison, seasoning with salt. You may need to brown in batches to avoid overcrowding the pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine spinach, ricotta, egg, mozzarella, nutmeg and lemon zest. Mix together and salt to taste. Mix in the cooled venison.
- Place one cup of marinara sauce at the bottom of a baking dish, spreading it to cover the entire base.
- Use a spoon to scoop about 1-2 tablespoons of mixture and stuff it inside one of the cooked pasta shells, then place into the baking dish. Repeat and stack the shells close together. Repeat until all shells are filled and the dish is full. Use a spoon to ladle the remaining sauce between the packed shells.
- Cover the dish with foil and place into the oven. Bake for 25 minutes. Then, remove the foil and sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the top of the shells. Bake a further 15 minutes and serve while still warm.