4–5 lb pork butt, shoulder or neck, skinless & boneless
2 tablespoons Hardcore Carnivore Red seasoning
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
10 oz frozen mango pieces
24 oz mango nectar
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
salt to taste
2 cups jasmine rice
13.5 oz coconut milk
- Prepare the meat by cutting into large chunks, about 2 inches.
- Coat the meat in the Hardcore Carnivore Red seasoning, tossing to ensure even coverage.
- Heat some of the oil in a heavy dutch oven over high flame. Brown the meat, working in 2-3 batches (depending on the size of your pot/dutch oven). Remove meat from pot once brown and repeat until all batches are finished. Do not overcrowd the pot or the meat will not brown properly.
- Add remaining oil to the empty pot, then add the onions and garlic. Cook until translucent, about 5-7 minutes. Use a wooden spoon to scrape all the brown bits from the meat from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the tomato paste, frozen mango, mango nectar and chicken broth, stir to combine. Then return the meat to the pot and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Once boiled, reduce heat to a simmer and cook until pork is tender, about two hours.
- Use tongs to carefully remove the pork from the liquid, then shred using two forks. Return shredded meat to the pan. Salt to taste and stir to combine – the dish is now ready to serve.
- To make the rice – follow directions on package but substitute 2c water for the coconut milk.