- 3lb chuck roast (see note 1)
- 2 tablespoons Hardcore Carnivore Black seasoning
- 1 tablespoon coarse black pepper
- half onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 cups brewed coffee (see note 2)
- Optional: buns, pickles & BBQ sauce
- Preheat a smoker to 275f.
- Coat the chuck roast in the seasoning and pepper on both sides, and edges. Place into the smoker and cook for 3 hours.
- Place the chopped onion, garlic cloves, beef broth and coffee into a foil pan. Add the chuck roast, then cover the pan with foil and return to the smoker. Cook a further 3 hours until the meat is fork tender and easily pulling apart.
- Lift the chuck roast out onto a board, then shred using two forks. Add a few spoonfuls of the pan juice onto the shredded meat to keep it nice and moist.
- If assembling into sandwiches, toss the meat in some BBQ sauce, then stack high onto a bun with some pickles.
note 1: always buy the best grade of meat you can afford. Prime grade meat has the most marbling, which equates to both flavor and juiciness.
note 2: You can substitute the coffee for other liquids (see recommendations in the paragraphs above) or just use 4 cups broth total.
- Category: Main
- Method: BBQ
- Cuisine: American