2lb chicken wing segments
1 cup flour
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1.5 cups water
1 tablespoon Hardcore Carnivore Amplify (optional)
Vegetable oil for frying
2/3 cup gochujang sauce
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Pour oil into deep fryer or heavy based large pot and heat to 375f. Prepare a sheet pan by lining it with paper towel, then placing a wire rack on top.
- In a bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, water and Amplify. Whisk to mix well.
- Using tongs, place a wing in the batter then remove, allowing excess batter to drip off, and place into the hot oil. Repeat with half of the wings. If your fryer or pot is small you may need to do this in three batches. Cook for 7 minutes then remove wings to rack to cool. Repeat with remaining wings, making sure oil has returned to temperature between batches.
- Allow oil to heat once more to 375 and fry wings (in batches) a second time for 5 minutes, or until a deep golden brown. Remove to rack again and let stand at least 2-3 minutes.
- While the wings are cooling, combine gochujang, soy and vinegar in a large bowl. Whisk to incorporate into a sauce. Dump the wings into the bowl and toss to coat with the sauce. Serve immediately.