2lb ground beef
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ onion, finely diced (about 1 cup)
¾ c bread crumbs
2 tablespoons tomato paste, divided
1 cup milk
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon paprika
2 teaspoons kosher salt
2 teaspoon dried or fresh parsley
½ cup bbq sauce
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1–2 tablespoons of Hardcore Carnivore Red seasoning
- Pre heat a smoker or pellet grill to 250f.
- In a small pan, heat the oil over medium heat and add the onion. Cook until softened, 7-10 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine milk and breadcrumbs to form a thick paste, stirring well. Leave 5 minutes to allow crumbs to absorb all the milk and swell.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, cooled cooked onion, breadcrumb mix, eggs, garlic, paprika, Worcestershire, 1 tablespoon of tomato paste, salt and parsley. Work quickly to mix the ingredients thoroughly, but be carefully not to overwork or overmix the meat.
- Carefully scrape the meat out onto a wire rack, and shape into a loaf. Sprinkle the top with Hardcore Carnivore red seasoning.
- In a bowl, combine remaining tomato paste, BBQ sauce and cider vinegar to make a sauce. Brush meatloaf with the sauce during cooking every 35-40 minutes.
- Cook the meatloaf until it reaches an internal temperature of 165f, about 3-4 hours.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Method: BBQ
Keywords: meatloaf, bbq, smoker