1 tablespoon smoked brisket fat
1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- Place a large dutch oven on medium-high heat, and add in brisket fat and enough oil to generously coat the bottom of the pan.
- Place three single kernels in the pan and close the lid.
- Once all the kernels have popped, add the remaining corn and replace the lid, leaving it slightly ajar to allow steam to vent.
- Shake the pan vigorously every 30-45 seconds to prevent anything burning on the bottom.
- Once popping slows to only 1-2 every few seconds, remove from heat.
- Pour into a bowl, sprinkle with salt and enjoy while still warm!