For the filling:
24 oz frozen blackberries
1 lemon (zest & juice)
2 tablespoons bourbon
2 teaspoons allspice
1/4 cup white sugar
For the streusel:
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup butter, softened (plus extra to grease pan)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Light a grill for two zone cooking, and add 2-3 wood chunks for smoke. Heat to 375f.
- In a large bowl, combine frozen berries, lemon zest, lemon juice, bourbon, allspice and sugar. Mix to combine.
- To make the streusel, cream the butter and brown sugar with a hand or stand mixer. Make sure it’s well combined and fluffy. Add flour, salt and cinnamon and mix again until just combined. Mixture should be crumbly.
- Use remaining butter to grease a 10-12″ skillet or baking dish. Pour the blackberry mixture on into the pan, then scatter the streusel on top.
- Place the pan into the grill, and bake (with bonus smoke!) for 40-45 minutes until the fruit is bubbling and the streusel has browned slightly.
You can also make this in a pellet grill.