1 lb ground beef (min 80/20 fat percentage)
4 burger buns (preferably potato buns)
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1 tsp Hardcore Carnivore Amplify (optional but recommended)
1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
1/3 cup honey
- Start by preparing a grill for two zone cooking, with the coals to one side, creating both a hot and cool zone. Temperature should be medium, about 350-400f.
- Prepare the white sauce by combining mayo, cider vinegar and Amplify in a bowl. Prepare the spice honey by mixing it with 1-2 teaspoons of the Hardcore Carnivore Red rub, and set aside.
- Divide the beef into four portions. Working quickly, fashion the meat into a patty at least as wide as the burger bun. Do not overwork the meat. Coat the patty generously with Hardcore Carnivore Red on both sides.
- Place the patties over direct heat to sear about 2 minutes. Flip and repeat on the other side. Due to the fat content, there may be some flare ups. If this happens, flip more frequently until desired crust is achieved.
- Move the patties over to indirect heat to finish cooking, 125f for rare, 135f for medium rare, 140f for medium.
- Once the burgers are near finished, toast the buns cut side down over the coals. Keep a careful eye to ensure they do not burn – if your coals are hot the buns will only take a few seconds to color.
- Time to assemble the burgers – lay the patty on top of the toasted bottom bun. Drizzle over the cider mayo, and then layer with a portion of the blue cheese crumbles. Finally, drizzle the spiced honey, and put the top bun in place. Serve immediately.