Packed with smokey sweet flavor and caramelized over charcoal, these Brown Sugar Bourbon pork skewers grill up in under 10 minutes.
Turkey, cranberry & brie pockets.
Whether you roast, fry, smoke, boil, sous vide or grill it, chances are you’re probably going to have a Turkey at your Thanksgiving table, and that means there’s a good chance you have leftovers. This recipe is a great way to turn those leftovers into a whole new meal, still harnessing the holiday flavors with cranberry, but ramping things up a notch with the addition of brie.
And heck, even if you didn’t have a bird, or it’s not the holiday season, they’re still super easy to make and with a big flavor payoff. Delicious.
Turkey, Brie & Cranberry parcels
- 2 cups shredded cooked turkey
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons sage powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce
- 8 small squares of brie
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 sheets puff pastry (enough for 4 x 5" squares)
- Brown the chopped onion using a little olive oil, until they're totally translucent.
- In a pan, melt the butter and once bubbling, add in the flour and stir. Cook for 2-3 minutes to get rid of any raw flour taste.
- Add the milk, a little bit at a time, whisking the mixture together as you go until all the milk is used. If you still think it's a little thick, add extra milk.
- Stir in salt, sage and garlic. Add in onions and turkey and stir, then remove from heat. Allow the turkey mix to cool slightly before assembling parcels.
- On a tray lined with baking paper, prepare pastry squares and heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spoon a little of the turkey mix into the centre of each square, then some cranberry sauce, then top with a slice of brie.
- Bring all corners together and pinch tight, then pinch the seams together to seal.
- Brush parcels with beaten egg and place in oven to cook for 20-30 minutes until golden brown.
Want to request a recipe?
Smoky, fatty, beefy and incredibly rich, these smoked bbq beef ribs are given an amazing crust thanks to their high contrast Black seasoning.
Lamb rack is a quick way to grill hot and fast with a big flavor result. Pair with this charred lime & mint salsa for a fresh and bright finish.