These flanken cut beef ribs are made for the grill, and cook to perfection (complete with crispy charred edges) in a matter of minutes.
Hold the ketchup and try this sweet tomato relish instead!
This recipe for a savory n sweet tomato relish has a hint of a spice and pops of mustard seed. Use it in place of ketchup and pile it high on burgers.
Sweet Tomato Relish Recipe
- 1.5 lb tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons mustard seed
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Blanche the tomatoes in boiling water then plunge into cold water to remove skins. Chop tomatoes and onions and then place into a bowl with the salt. Cover, and leave for 6-8 hours. Discard the water that accumulates in the bowl.
- Place the onions, tomatoes, sugar, mustard, curry, cayenne and vinegar in a saucepan and bring to boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 60-90 minutes until mixture has thickened and reduced by at least half.
- Dilute the flour with a small amount of water to make a paste. Stir out any lumps, then quickly whisk this into the relish to thicken it.
- Pour relish into a clean glass jar and store for up to two weeks in the refrigerator.
Want to request a recipe?
Hanger steak is a best kept butcher's secret no more! Pair this richly flavored steak with a bright salsa made w. charred scallions, mint and peanuts.
Perfect duck will have rendered crispy skin while the meat stays pink and juicy. Here's how you do it.