Cooking avocado makes the flavor even butterier! Stuff 'em with cheese, wrap 'em in breakfast sausage to create these decadent smoked avocado bombs.
Steak sides: Peach & Gorgonzola salad with spiced honey
A great steak doesn’t need anything but some simple sides to let it shine. Try this peach & gorgonzola salad with spiced honey.
A steak is a hard protein to write a recipe for. See, a great steak doesn’t really need any addition. Perhaps some flavored compound butters or a little chimichurri, but that’s it. While the steak itself may be simple, it’s nice to have some variety with the sides. Green beans just won’t cut it anymore.
This side salad is simple to put together but is a wonderful side for the summer months when the peaches are fragrant and in season. It’s light but packed with flavor. Sweet and spicy with funky hits of blue cheese. You can also make it a few hours in advance and keep in the fridge until ready.
The very delectable full blood wagyu steak in the pictures is courtesy of Lone Mountain Wagyu who sponsored this post. You can pick up your own incredibly marbled ribeye steak to go with this salad from their website.
Recipe after the pics:
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY LONE MOUNTAIN WAGYU (WHO REALLY DO PRODUCE SOME PHENOMENAL PRODUCT). SPONSORED POSTS AND AFFILIATE LINKS HELP TO SUPPORT THIS SITE. I ONLY WORK WITH PRODUCTS THAT I PERSONALLY USE OR WOULD GENUINELY RECOMMEND.
Peach & Gorgonzola salad with spiced honey
- 3 large firm peaches
- 6 oz Gorgonzola cheese
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Slice each peach in half and remove the pit. Slice the halves into smaller segments, at least 4 per half. Place in a large bowl.
- Crumble the gorgonzola and add to the bowl. Tear the thyme leaves from the woody stems and add to bowl along with vinegar, oil, salt and pepper. Toss contents of bowl to combine.
- Mix the honey with the ancho chili powder, then drizzle over the salad and serve.
Want to request a recipe?
Smokey, charred pineapple glazes the top of these vividly red ribs, smoked to perfection. It's Al Pastor, but not as you know it.
Delicate, tender veal is seared to perfection and stuffed with a tasty umami-bomb combo of mushrooms, thyme and blue cheese.