A fresh and bright side dish that's perfectly matched with grilled meats.
Totally addictive Smoked Jalapeno Dip
Cool, creamy waves of dip punctuated by slow-smoked jalapeno for just the right amount of heat.
Why am I so into smoked dips? They are easy to make with a huge flavor payoff. My theory is, if you’re already firing up a large smoker to cook brisket and whatnot, then why not throw a few extra ingredients in to get a little smoke bath?
The ingredient that really gives this dip zing and complexity is the addition of Hardcore Carnivore Amplify. Amplify is made with chicken fat powder, and is designed to intensify the flavor of your food. Think of it as a way to boost the savory component of your dishes, without any MSG! It works perfectly as a season-all for dips, and also adds the necessary complimenting spices to this dip in just a few shakes.
I take the seeds out in this recipe as they can develop a bitter quality when smoked. If you prefer more heat, consider adding a Serrano chili (or another hot green chile) to the mix. Pro tip – don’t forget to use disposable gloves (I use these nitrile ones) when prepping your chilis. It’s a simple way of avoiding painful burning hands (and other parts!) later on.
Creamy& Spicy Smoked Jalapeno Dip
- 8 large jalapeno peppers
- 8 oz sour cream
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 3 teaspoons Hardcore Carnivore Amplify
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Prepare the jalapeno peppers by removing the stems, then slicing them lengthwise and removing the seeds.
- Place the jalapeno halves in a smoker running between 225 and 250f. Smoke for 2 hours until they begin to soften and color at edges.
- Place smoked jalapeno halves in a blender. Pulse 4-5 times to roughly chop them. Add in sour cream, cream cheese, salt, Amplify and lime juice. Blend for another 1-2 minutes until smooth and creamy. There will be some small pieces of Jalapeno, still.
- Serve with tortilla chips (or whatever you prefer to dip with!). Leftover dip can be refrigerated for up to a week.
Want to request a recipe?
These flanken cut beef ribs are made for the grill, and cook to perfection (complete with crispy charred edges) in a matter of minutes.
Hanger steak is a best kept butcher's secret no more! Pair this richly flavored steak with a bright salsa made w. charred scallions, mint and peanuts.