This incredible roasted garlic steak sauce is a delicious accompaniment for steaks (though you may want to put it on everything!)
Grilled Stuffed Mushrooms with Jalapeno Popper Filling
Grill up a double batch of these tasty and tailgate friendly appetizers, stuffed with all the cheese and bacon you can handle.
If you thought you liked stuffed mushrooms before, you should try them from the grill. Cooked over charcoal (I use and recommend Kingsford), they pick up an even richer flavor with that unmistakable chargrilled aroma. Oh, and if you thought that breadcrumbs and blue cheese were the only way to stuff a ‘shroom, I got news for you. Step aside and make way for the classic popper trinity of jalapeño, cream cheese and bacon. Because, bacon.
I particularly love these grilled stuffed mushrooms for tailgate season. The mushies themselves are a great fall ingredient, and their handy size makes for perfect finger food. And finger food is what you need to accompany football watching. Ain’t nobody got time for silverware. Perhaps the most practical advantage, these mushrooms can be assembled in advance, so you can have them ready to go then grill them up as needed.
One of the secret weapons to this recipe is the addition of Hardcore Carnivore Amplify – it’s like no other seasoning you’ve tried before. Because it’s not really a seasoning. It’s more like, a savory boosting powder. It’s all natural with no MSG, but it’s made with a bunch of savory, umami ingredients like chicken fat powder, tamari and yeast concentrates. It basically enhances the flavor of anything you add it to, with a delicious “I dunno what that is, but I LOVE it” profile.
One caution on these grilled stuffed mushrooms – double the batch. You’re going to run out of these quickly. And remember, chef’s privilege means you always get the first bite.
Grilled Mushrooms with Jalapeno Popper Stuffing
- 24 oz large button or baby bella mushrooms
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 12 oz bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded & finely diced
- 4 oz shredded cheese (Cheddar, Asiago or any melting blend)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ Tablespoon Hardcore Carnivore Amplify
- ¼ cup panko crumbs
- Start by making the filling: In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, bacon, diced jalapenos, shredded cheese, garlic powder, Amplify. Mix until well combined.
- Prepare the mushrooms by removing them stems, and use a damp paper towel to wipe off any remaining dirt.
- On a large tray, lay all the mushrooms out with the stem holes facing up. Use a teaspoon scoop the filling into the mushrooms, pressing it in well to fill the hole.
- Sprinkle a small amount of panko on top of each mushroom.
- Light a chimney of Kingsford charcoal. Once the top briquettes have ignited, dump the coals onto one side of the grill, creating a hot and a cool zone.
- Place the mushrooms on the cool side of the grill, away from the coals. Close the lid and cook for 18-20 minutes, until the mushrooms have softened, the cheese melted and the panko has started to turn golden.
- Carefully remove stuffed mushrooms from the grill then serve.
Want to request a recipe?
Perfectly seared chunks of steak are finished with a generous coating of nutty brown butter - what's not to like?
Hams are a beautiful centrepiece on any holiday table. Whether smoked or baked, It's so easy to prepare a gorgeous and gleaming ham. Here's how: