Succulent juicy pork loin is crowned by shatteringly-crisp puffed crackling. What's not to love?
Grilled Cheesy Squash Bowls (with extra cream!)
These cheesy squash bowls are a great self-contained side dish. A generous amount of cream and gooey melted cheese makes them extra luscious.
They’re particularly great to serve with a quick and fast steak, as you can start them on the indirect side of the grill, then cook the steak 5-10 minutes before the squash are done. Your meal will be ready at the same time without any extra dirty dishes!
I used a sprinkle Hardcore Carnivore Red seasoning to give the dish a pop of color. You can substitute with your favorite all purpose rub, or even just use a little smoked paprika. Of course, since Hardcore Carnivore is my own seasoning line, I definitely recommend you give it a shot.
Grilled Creamy Cheesy Squash Bowls
- 3 whole acorn squash
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 oz Asiago cheese, shredded
- 3 oz Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1.5 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons Hardcore Carnivore Red seasoning
- chopped chives to garnish (optional)
- Fill a chimney with Kingsford Original charcoal and light. Wait until you can see flames at the very top row of coals before use.
- While the charcoal is igniting, prepare the squash. Cut a very small disc from the top and bottom of the squash so they sit flat. Cut each squash in half across the middle to create two “bowls”. Use a large spoon to scoop out the seeds and pulp, being careful not to puncture through the bottom.
- In a bowl, combine cream, salt, thyme, garlic and pepper. Stir to combine.
- In another bowl – combine cheeses.
- Sprinkle a layer of cheese into each ‘squash bowl’, then top up with the cream mixture. Sprinkle another generous layer of cheese over the cream to create the top of the bowl, then sprinkle with Red seasoning for color.
- Empty the chimney of lit charcoal into one side of a grill, creating a hot and cool zone. Place the squash halves in the cool zone, not directly over the charcoal.
- Close the lid, and cook 45-55 minutes until the squash is tender. The grill should be running at about 350f.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving, filling will be piping hot.
Want to request a recipe?
Pillowy and fluffy, these soft yeast rolls made with pork fat have a built-in flavor advantage.
Embrace tradition at your holiday table with this classic whole roast turkey recipe. But, with extra butter-basting. How to choose a turkey: Your...