Perfectly pink and tender meat inside with a gorgeous golden crust. You will love this classic recipe for oven roasted rack of lamb.
Fresh Mint, Fennel & Apple Coleslaw
Hold the mayo! This crisp and fresh take on traditional slaw is a perfect pairing for pork.
Apple and fennel are both known for complimenting and highlighting the sweet flavor of pork based proteins. When sliced thinly (I prefer to use a mandoline), they make for a beautifully crunchy and fresh coleslaw alternative.
Forget the heavy mayo dressing – a simple cider vinegar based vinaigrette with hints of maple syrup is the perfect light dressing. Try pairing this coleslaw with smoked pork ribs for a fresh new take on a classic.
Fresh Fennel & Apple Coleslaw
- 1 fennel bulb, plus fronds
- 1/2 a firm red apple (I used Envy)
- 2 Tablespoons mint, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 1/2 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1.5 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons cider vinegar
- salt to taste
- Use a mandoline to finely slice the fennel bulb and place into a bowl. Pick a few of the fennel fronds, and chop until you have roughly 1 tablespoon. Add fronds to bowl.
- Repeat the slicing process with the apple, and add to the bowl, along with the chopped mint.
- In a small jar, combine mustard, maple syrup, oil and vinegar. Place lid on the jar and shake vigorously to combine. Pour over the fennel mixture and toss to coat evenly.
- Add salt to taste, toss again, then serve immediately.
Want to request a recipe?
Sure, we all know about venison chili, venison breakfast sausage and venison burgers. But there are SO many more interesting recipes you can...
Whether you want to use an oven, stove, smoker, grill or even a slow cooker, I have you covered. Learn how to make pulled pork on any type of cooker.