Whether you want to use an oven, stove, smoker, grill or even a slow cooker, I have you covered. Learn how to make pulled pork on any type of cooker.
Easy Charred Corn Salsa
Who doesn’t love corn? Weirdos, that’s who. Technically speaking, this is more of a relish or salad than a salsa. Maybe a chunky salsa? Either way, it works as a side or as a topping, so you can call it whatever you want, just make sure you eat it, because it’s great.
I love making this salsa because it’s full of those killer Southwest flavors and best of all, it’s really easy to make. There are two major cheats that make it so:
- Blow-torching the corn.
- Chipotle Tabasco.
Using a culinary blow torch is one of the greatest kitchen hacks ever. Sometimes you just don’t wanna fire up the grill. Or hold ears of corn over a stovetop flame for minutes at a time so the kernels can burst their juice everywhere. The blow torch makes all this much easier, because in approximately thirty seconds, you’ve added that beautiful scorch and gotten to play with fire.
The Tabasco is my secret ingredient in a ton of Tex Mex dishes I prepare at home. Easily my favorite flavor, the Chipotle sauce is super smokey and actually quite mild, and a few dashes brings this salsa to life!
Charred Corn Salsa
- 2 ears of fresh corn
- 1 bunch cilantro (coriander)
- 1 jalapeño
- 1 lime
- 1 large avocado
- 5-6 scallions (green onions)
- 6-8 dashes Chipotle Tabasco
- Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Remove corn from husks and remove silks. Microwave for 2 mins, then turn ears over and microwave a further 2 mins. When cooked, use a culinary blowtorch to scorch the corn's surface, turning the ears to make sure all sides are charred.
- Remove the seeds from the jalapeño then dice it. Also chop the avocado into small chunks. Cut the scallions into quarter inch pieces, and chop the cilantro, discarding the roots. Combine together in a bowl.
- Once the corn has cooled, cut it off the ear and add to other ingredients.
- Drizzle with olive oil, add Tabasco and salt, then mix together and serve.
Want to request a recipe?
This rich and delicious treat features that elusive combo of crisp seared edges with an impossibly tender inside.
You don't have to choose between juiciness and smoke flavor - you can have it all! These juicy smoked pork chops have the best of both worlds.