Grilling adds a whole new layer of smokey flavor to these not-too-sweet frozen pink grapefruit margaritas. I’ve always been a big fan of...
Take your steak next level with this Blue Cheese and Pecan Butter
It can well be argued great steak needs no additions – but you won’t regret adding this amazing savory butter.
This compound butter for steak is an epic savory bomb of flavor set to explode on your tastebuds. The blue cheese adds incredible richness, while the pecans bring an amazing pop of texture. If you want to know how to cook the perfect steak to go along with this super savory butter, try my JKF method.
Blue Cheese & Pecan Butter for Steaks
- 1 stick softened salted butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 4 tablespoons blue cheese crumbles
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Mix with a spatula until the blue cheese and pecans are evenly distributed in the butter.
- Gently scoop the butter on to the middle of a piece of cling film. Fold one side over, then roll the butter towards the other side to make a tube, then secure by tightening the sides, and rolling until taut. You can also form the butter in a silicon ice cube tray where you can press each cube out once set.
- Place the butter into the fridge for 2-3 hours to set. You can store the butter for up to two weeks in the fridge.
- To use, cut the firm butter into quarter or half inch pats. Cook the steak as desired, then place a pat of butter on top while the steak rests, to allow it time to melt across the surface. You can loosely cover it with foil to speed up the melting.
Want to request a recipe?
My version of this classic cajun gumbo is made even richer and more decadent by a daringly dark roux, creating a mega-flavor packed base to build on.
100% not authentic. 100% delicious. Check out the venison version of this beloved cheesy meatwhich.