Packed with smokey sweet flavor and caramelized over charcoal, these Brown Sugar Bourbon pork skewers grill up in under 10 minutes.
Big Red BBQ Rib Glaze
Using soda as a sweet profile for meats is nothing new, but picking the right flavor (and color!) combos can give you incredible results, like this Big Red BBQ Rib Glaze.
There’s an entire 20oz bottle that has been reduced and cooked down to just half a cup of delicious syrup. Pro tip: you may want to double the amount when reducing the syrup, you can use it for a bunch of other applications like a topping straight over ice cream, or even as a great alternative to simple syrup for cocktails, it makes a great alternative for maraschino juice too!
This glaze is a perfect match for pork ribs, with its sweet cherry notes. Apply glaze towards the end of the your cook to give ribs a sticky, sweet and shiny finish. If you prefer a spicier kick, add in an extra ½ tsp of cayenne powder!
This glaze can also be used as syrupy drizzle on other pork dishes, too.
Big Red BBQ Rib Glaze
- 1 x 20oz bottle of Big Red soda
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cherry jam
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Pour Big Red into a small saucepan, and place over low/medium heat to reduce. You want to get the soda down to a syrup, reducing by nearly 6 times. The final amount left in your pan when properly reduced should be approx 1/2 cup.
- In another pan, combine all other ingredients over low heat and mix well. Add in reduced Big Red syrup and allow mixture to simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Cool slightly, then apply to ribs 15-20 minutes before end of cook time, allowing glaze to set and gel before serving.
- Store in airtight glass jar for up to one week in the refrigerator.
Want to request a recipe?
Smoky, fatty, beefy and incredibly rich, these smoked bbq beef ribs are given an amazing crust thanks to their high contrast Black seasoning.
Lamb rack is a quick way to grill hot and fast with a big flavor result. Pair with this charred lime & mint salsa for a fresh and bright finish.