1 bunch cilantro/coriander
1 large or 2 small ripe avocados
1 medium white onion
1–2 poblano pepper
1 jalapeno pepper
3 fresh tomatillos
salt to taste
- De-seed the chile peppers and cut into rough chunks. Also chop the onion and tomatillos into large chunks.
- Place on a foil lined tray and oven roast at 390f/400c until skin blisters and all items have softened. Then remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Add all roasted items to a food processor, along with the cilantro leaves (no stems), the juice of one lime and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Add in avocado and blend again until mix is creamy.
- If a finer sauce is desired, pass sauce through a strainer and blend again.
For an extra rich and thinner result, add in two tablespoons of sour cream right before the final blitz.