6 large jalapeno peppers
1/2 lb pimento cheese
1 cup chicharrones or pork rinds
1 tablespoon Hardcore Carnivore Amplify rub
- Prepare a grill for two-zone cooking.
- Cut the jalapeno peppers lengthwise, and use a teaspoon to scoop out the seeds. Discard the seeds.
- Spoon a heaped teaspoon of the pimento cheese into the open half of the pepper, and seal it down against the sides. Repeat until you’ve used all the cheese and all the halves are filled.
- On the cool side of the grill, place the peppers cheese side up. Close the lid, and allow to cook until the peppers have softened, and the cheese is bubbly and brown on top, about 10-15 minutes.
- While the peppers are cooking, place the chicharrones in a zip top bag and use a mallet or rolling pin to crush them to a powder with some smaller crumbs still intact. Add the Amplify to the bag and shake well to mix everything up.
- Using tongs, carefully remove the cooked peppers from the grill, then quickly sprinkle with the chicharron mixture. Serve immediately.