2 sheets puff pastry (approx 1lb)
3 oz salami, thinly sliced
3 oz prosciutto, thinly sliced
6 oz shredded pepperjack cheese
1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 425f.
- If frozen, allow the pastry sheets to come to room temperature so they are pliable, then lay them flat on a board.
- Layer the prosciutto onto each pastry sheet, leaving a 1″ gap along one edge. You will use this to seal up the roll at the end, so it needs to be free from any filling.
- Spread a generous amount of cheese over the prosciutto layer, then top with a layer of salami.
- Brush some beaten egg along the bare edge of the pastry. Starting at the end opposite the bare edge, roll the pastry in on itself to form a cylinder. Press the edge gently to form a seal. Repeat with the second sheet.
- Cut the roll into 1/2 inch portions, then lay them flat on a parchment lined baking tray. Brush the tops with more beaten egg.
- Place rolls into the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown and the cheese is bubbly.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes before serving.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes