1–2 skirt steaks
2 cups pickle juice (or enough to cover meat)
3 tbspn dijon mustard
2 tbspn Worcestershire sauce
1 large onion (red, white or brown), sliced
- Place onion slices in the bottom of a long shallow pan/container.
- Season the meat with salt and smear with mustard on both sides, then place on top of onions.
- Add in Worcestershire and pickle juice, cover and put in fridge for 1-2 hours. See note 1 for more.
- Remove meat from fridge at least 20-30 minutes before cooking to allow it to come up to room temperature.
- Cook on a searing hot grill for just a few minutes either side until the internal temperature reaches 137f. If you’re using a charcoal grill, make sure the coals are white hot and bunched closely together under the cook surface.
- Remove from heat, cover with foil and allow meat to rest 5-10 minutes before slicing. Cut against the grain into 1/2″ slices and enjoy!
Note 1: Don’t brine longer than 2-3 hours or the meat will break down too much.