10–12 lb ribeye roll/prime rib
1/3 cup Hardcore Carnivore Black or your preferred seasoning
2 tablespoons of cider vinegar
1 cup water
- Start by preheating a smoker or pellet grill to 275f.
- Combine water and cider vinegar in a spray bottle.
- Coat the prime rib generously with seasoning, and place in the preheated smoker.
- After 30 minutes, spritz the beef with the apple cider mixture, then repeat the spritz every 30 minutes during the cook.
- After 1.5 hours, begin monitoring the internal temperature. 125f for rare, 135 for medium rare, 145 for medium. I recommend removing the prime rib about 5 degrees below the ideal temp, as it will continue to climb in temperature slightly once removed from cooker.
- Once at desired temperature, remove from smoker and wrap tightly in foil or butchers paper. Then place the prime rib in a cooler (without ice!) to rest for at least an hour.
- After resting slice, serve and enjoy!
- When smoking beef, I recommend using Oak, Mesquite or Pecan.
- Use an old towel to line a cooler for the resting stage.
- To accurately check internal temperature, use a digital thermometer.
- Cuisine: Holiday