12 oz bacon strips
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1/4 cup strawberry jelly
- Preheat an oven to 375f.
- Line a tray with foil and place a rack on top to allow air to circulate. Lay the bacon strips on the rack, then place them into the oven to start cooking.
- Cook the bacon about 80% done (starting to render fat and develop color, about 10-15 minutes). Remove from oven to apply next layers.
- Melt the peanut butter in the microwave to make it easier to apply, then brush onto the bacon strips.
- Apply the jelly on top of the peanut butter – it’s easiest to use a piping bag and zig zag it across the bacon strip, but you can use a brush, too.
- Return to oven to cook until peanut butter is bubbling and has turned a deeper brown, about another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 5-8 minutes before serving.
The cook time will vary depending on the thickness of your bacon. Keep an eye on it as it cooks to avoid burning.
- Category: Brunch
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American