Mixing salty and sweet is always a good idea – even better when it’s peanut butter and jelly glazed bacon!
Yeah, you read right. Peanut butter jelly bacon. NOT sandwiches. Just bacon. Rich salty bacon glazed with thick peanut butter and a drizzle of strawberry jelly. Caramelized in the oven until everything is spectacularly gooey and rendered. YES! Looking for more flavored bacon ideas? Try these (there’s sriracha and choc dipped, too!). Print
12 oz bacon strips
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1/4 cup strawberry jelly
- Preheat an oven to 375f.
- Line a tray with foil and place a rack on top to allow air to circulate. Lay the bacon strips on the rack, then place them into the oven to start cooking.
- Cook the bacon about 80% done (starting to render fat and develop color, about 10-15 minutes). Remove from oven to apply next layers.
- Melt the peanut butter in the microwave to make it easier to apply, then brush onto the bacon strips.
- Apply the jelly on top of the peanut butter – it’s easiest to use a piping bag and zig zag it across the bacon strip, but you can use a brush, too.
- Return to oven to cook until peanut butter is bubbling and has turned a deeper brown, about another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 5-8 minutes before serving.
The cook time will vary depending on the thickness of your bacon. Keep an eye on it as it cooks to avoid burning.
- Prep Time:5 minutes
- Cook Time:25 minutes