8 dove breasts
1/2 cup milk or buttermilk
1 cup flour
2 Tbsp Hardcore Carnivore Red all purpose seasoning
4 cups frying oil (peanut works best)
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tsp paprika
8 slider buns, toasted
- In a bowl combine milk, hot sauce and egg. Whisk to incorporate. In a second bowl combine flour and seasoning.
- Separate the dove breast into two pieces. Dip each piece in the flour mixture, then egg wash, then flour again and shake off excess. Place onto a paper towel and repeat until everything is coated.
- Place oil in a small pot with high sides, and heat to 350f. Fry the dove in batches for about 5 mins until crisp. Allow the oil to return to temperature between batches. Allow the dove to drain onto a clean paper towel.
- Place the chili powder and paprika in a bowl, and add a cup of the frying oil. Stir, then brush the oil mixture over the cooked dove.
- Layer two pieces of dove onto the toasted sliders, top with pickle slices and serve.
- Method: frying
Keywords: dove, game