1.5 lb chicken wing portions (about 12 pieces)
12 oz Lone Star beer
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon sugar
¾ cup Hardcore Carnivore Meatchelada seasoning
- Start by brining the chicken wings. In a small saucepan, combine salt and sugar with just enough water to cover. Stir over low heat until dissolved. Add cold beer to the pan to bring the temperature down, then pour over chicken wings. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- Heat a grill for two zone cooking, to medium heat, about 400-450f.
- Drain the brine from the chicken wings, then pour in half a cup of the Meatchelada seasoning. Mix well to ensure all the wings are coated.
- Place the wings on the hot side grill, turning every 1-2 minutes until brown. Once a light char has formed, move them to the cool side of the grill to finish cooking without burning.
- Wings should be cooked to a safe internal temperature of 165f, which will take about 10-14 minutes.
- Use tongs to remove wings from grill, and place into a large bowl. Cover with the remaining ¼ cup Meatchelada seasoning and toss to coat, then serve immediately.