2 x Swordfish Steaks
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar (can sub with cider)
2 gloves of garlic, peeled
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
juice of half a lemon
Extra oil for greasing the grill grates
- Place swordfish steaks in a large ziploc bag. Add oil, soy, vinegar, pepper, salt and lemon juice. Crush the garlic gloves with the side of a knife to release the aromatics, then add them to the bag.
- Seal the bag, then refrigerate for one hour, turning the bag over every 15-20 minutes to ensure the fish is well and evenly coated.
- Heat a grill for direct grilling, medium heat about 350f.
- Remove the swordfish from the bag and discard the marinade. Pat the steaks dry on both sides with a paper towel.
- Use an oil-soaked paper towel to quickly grease the grill grates, then place the swordfish steaks on the grill. Do not move the fish (otherwise you’ll disturb your grill marks). After 5 minutes, flip the fish and cook a further 5 minutes. I recommend using a spatula to lift the fish with one hand, then re-greasing the grates with the paper towel before you flip to prevent sticking.
- Serve with optional lemon wedges.
- If you don’t have access to an outdoor grill, you can also recreate this recipe on your stove using a griddle – just adjust to a medium-high flame.
- Category: seafood
- Method: Grilling
Keywords: swordfish, grilling, seafood