24 oz maple bacon (see note 1), cut into small pieces
2 loaves brioche bread (about 20 oz per loaf)
3 large stalks celery, finely diced
1 onion, finely diced
1/2 cup pecans, roughly chopped
4 oz (one stick) butter, melted
1 tablespoon Hardcore Carnivore Red all purpose seasoning
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
1 cup chicken stock
1/4 cup maple syrup
- Preheat an oven to 275f.
- Place a skillet over medium high heat and add the bacon. Cook stirring frequently until the bacon pieces are crisp, about 8-10 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove the bacon from the skillet, leaving behind the fat.
- Add the onions and celery to the bacon fat, and cook stirring frequently until softened and just browning at the edges, about 3-5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat.
- Cut the brioche into 1″ cubes, and place in a large bowl. Add the bacon pieces, onion, celery and bacon grease from the skillet. Then, add the pecans, melted butter, seasoning, thyme leaves, chicken stock and maple syrup.
- Use a large spoon to gently fold the mixture until combined, then pour into a 13×9 pyrex or metal casserole dish/pan.
- Place into the oven to warm through and crisp on top, about 15-20 minutes. Check the stuffing towards the end of baking to ensure the brioche doesn’t burn.
- Serve immediately.
Note 1: If you cannot find maple bacon, just use regular or applewood bacon. You will add maple flavor with the syrup.
- Category: Sides
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Holiday
Keywords: thanksgiving, holiday, stuffing