This rich holiday stuffing is a sweet-tooth bacon lover’s dream.
Loaded with crispy flakes of bacon and sweet, fluffy brioche bread, this stuffing is the one bacon lovers have been waiting for. It’s sweet and decadent yet light from the pillowy brioche cubes. Don’t let it get too far from your plate, because you WILL be going back for a second helping.
Looking for other stuffing ideas? Try this cranberry cornbread this or croissant and sausage recipe.Print
Maple Bacon Brioche Stuffing
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: serves 10-12 1x
24 oz maple bacon (see note 1), cut into small pieces
2 loaves brioche bread (about 20 oz per loaf)
3 large stalks celery, finely diced
1 onion, finely diced
1/2 cup pecans, roughly chopped
4 oz (one stick) butter, melted
1 tablespoon Hardcore Carnivore Red all purpose seasoning
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
1 cup chicken stock
1/4 cup maple syrup
- Preheat an oven to 275f.
- Place a skillet over medium high heat and add the bacon. Cook stirring frequently until the bacon pieces are crisp, about 8-10 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove the bacon from the skillet, leaving behind the fat.
- Add the onions and celery to the bacon fat, and cook stirring frequently until softened and just browning at the edges, about 3-5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat.
- Cut the brioche into 1″ cubes, and place in a large bowl. Add the bacon pieces, onion, celery and bacon grease from the skillet. Then, add the pecans, melted butter, seasoning, thyme leaves, chicken stock and maple syrup.
- Use a large spoon to gently fold the mixture until combined, then pour into a 13×9 pyrex or metal casserole dish/pan.
- Place into the oven to warm through and crisp on top, about 15-20 minutes. Check the stuffing towards the end of baking to ensure the brioche doesn’t burn.
- Serve immediately.
Note 1: If you cannot find maple bacon, just use regular or applewood bacon. You will add maple flavor with the syrup.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Sides
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Holiday
Keywords: thanksgiving, holiday, stuffing