8 strips of thin cut bacon
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup chopped pecans
1/2 tsp chipotle powder
- Preheat your oven to 200c/400f, and place your bacon on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
- Place it in the oven and allow it to bake until it is about 75% cooked, will take about 20 mins. You’ll see the edges start to curl.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle each strip with brown sugar, chipotle and pecans. Easier still, you can combine all ingredients to do this in one step instead of three.
- Return to oven and bake for another 10 or so minutes. Time suggestions are never going to be as precise as just watching the bacon – you want to try to get it pretty dark and crispy, but definitely not burnt.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. It’ll firm up while it cools, so don’t worry if it still seems pliable when you take it out.
- Let is cool enough to not burn your mouth off, and then go ahead and dive in! It’s best eaten warm, but its damn good at room temp too.