2lb flank steak
12 oz tortilla chips
3 tablespoons Hardcore Carnivore Meatchelada (or your preferred fajita rub)
7 oz pickled jalapenos
8 oz shredded Mexican style cheese
1 ripe avocado
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1/4 teaspoon kosher Salt
½ cup sour cream or crema
1/3 cup chopped scallions
- Preheat oven to 450f
- Place a cast iron skillet over high heat.
- Season the flank steak well on both sides with the rub, then place into the hot pan. Cook flipping the steak every 3-4 minutes, for a total of 16-18 minutes. Remove steak to a board and let it rest under foil.
- Prepare the avocado – peel and discard seed, then add lime juice and salt and mash using a fork.
- Layer a tray with half the chips, and cover with half of the cheese and half the pickled jalapeños. Place into the oven to melt the cheese and warm the chips, about 5 minutes. If you prefer, you can use the broiler setting, just keep a close eye to ensure it doesn’t burn.
- On top of the melted layer, add the remaining chips, jalapenos, and cheese.
- Cut the skirt steak into small bite size pieces, and scatter on top of the chips, then return to the oven for a further 5 minutes to melt the remaining cheese. Again, you can broil if you prefer.
- Spoon the avocado and sour cream onto the top of the nachos, then scatter the scallions and serve immediately.
- Cuisine: Tex Mex
Keywords: nachos, beef, tex mex