8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
2 teaspoons Hardcore Carnivore Amplify
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
8 oz heavy cream
1 lb lump crab meat
8 oz grated cheddar, gruyere or jack cheese
2 x 9″ rolled pie crusts, defrosted
1 egg white
- Start by preparing the muffin pans. If you are not using a non-stick pan, you’ll need to spray some oil in the bottom of each cup. Cut circles out of the pie crusts and gently press them into each cup OR, cut the pie crusts into thick strips, placing a piece at the bottom then a piece around the sides to form a wall, pressing the pieces together to seal them. This step may take a little while – it’s ok if the tops of the muffing cups aren’t even as long as you have a good seal on the inside.
- Lightly whisk the egg white with a fork until foamy, then use a pastry brush to brush a small amount of the egg white onto the inside of each pie crust cup. Make sure you coat the base and the sides – this will help to form a seal and prevent a soggy crust. Place the muffin pan back into the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Preheat an oven to 400f.
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayo, old bay, Amplify, and mustard. Mix well to combine into a smooth paste.
- Add the lump crab and cream, and fold gently until mixed.
- Spoon the filling into each prepared cup, filling all the way to the top.
- Spread the cheese evenly over all the cups, then place into the oven. Bake for 20 minutes until bubbly and golden.
- Allow to cool slightly, then pop each cup out of the tray to serve.
- Category: seafood
Keywords: seafood, crab, appetizer