1 x bone-in lamb shoulder (about 5lb)
2 tablespoons olive oil
3–4 tablespoons Hardcore Carnivore Camo seasoning
1 cup water
1/4 cup cider vinegar
- Pre-heat a smoker or pellet grill to 275f. In a spray bottle, combine water and cider vinegar, and set aside.
- Prepare the lamb shoulder by coating well all over with olive oil.
- Add the seasoning, and ensure the whole shoulder is generously coated. This seasoning is the foundation to your bark.
- Place the lamb into the smoker and cook for 45 minutes. After this time, open the lid and lightly spray the surface of the meat with the water mixture. Repeat this step every 20-30 minutes for the next 4 hours.
- All up a 5lb lamb shoulder at this temperature should take about 5-6 hours to cook until tender. If you are finding that youre into the 5th hour and the meat is still feeling extremely springy, you can wrap the lamb with foil to help it cook further.
- The lamb is done when a probe inserted into the meat has no resistance, and the lamb is tender.
- At this stage, remove the meat from the smoker, and if not already wrapped, wrap in foil or butcher paper. Place the whole shoulder into a cooler or warming box, and allow to rest at least 30 minutes.
- To serve – shred/pull the meat and enjoy. You can use two forks but it should be tender enough to just pull with a gloved hand.