1 x 2-3lb tomahawk steak
2–3 tablespoons Hardcore Carnivore Black seasoning
- Preheat a smoker to 250f.
- Cover the steak thoroughly with Hardcore Carnivore Black seasoning, then place it into the smoker.
- Smoke the steak until it reaches an internal temperature of 125f, about 90 minutes. The time is approximate, and will depend on many factors, so it’s important to monitor the temperature.
- Remove the steak from the smoker, and rest under foil for 15 minutes.
- While the steaks rests, fill a charcoal chimney halfway full with charcoal, and place a grate/rack on top. Be cautious that the chimney may not be very stable.
- Once the coals are all ignited and creating a hot vortex, sear the steak for 30-60 seconds over the chimney, ensuring to sear the sides of the tomahawk too.
- Serve immediately either whole, or by slicing off the bone then cutting the remainder into half inch pieces.
Keywords: tomahawk, BBQ, smoked