One large ribeye steak, min 1.25 inches thick
3–4 tablespoons good quality salted butter, melted
- Heat a grill for two zone cooking to at least 400f.
- Pat the steak dry using a paper towel, and season on both sides with a generous amount of kosher salt.
- Lay the steak over the coals or hot zone, flipping every 45 seconds. Do this for about 5 minutes, until a nice base color develops, then move the steak to the cool or indirect side of the grill.
- Close the lid, and allow the steak to cook until it reaches desired doneness temperature, 118f for rare, 125f for medium rare, 135f for medium.
- Brush the steak with melted butter, then return (butter side down) to the hot side of the grill. Sear for 15-20 seconds, and while cooking brush the other side with butter.
- Flip the steak, applying more butter to the other side, then repeat. In total, the steak should have two butter bastes and two sears per side.
- Remove the steak to a board, and allow to rest 5 minutes before enjoying.
- Method: Grilling
Keywords: steak, ribeye, grill