1 thick ribeye steak
3–4 tablespoons quality salted butter
2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
2 springs of fresh thyme
3–4 peeled whole garlic cloves
- Take the steak out of the fridge 30 mins before cooking, and pat the surface dry with a paper towel. Season generously with salt right before you’re ready to put it in the pan.
- Heat a skillet/pan over SUPER high heat until it starts to smoke. Add the steak, and begin to cook by flipping every 30 seconds. Continue to flip until the steak is 20-30 degrees from your preferred doneness (see doneness chart above).
- Add the butter, garlic and herbs to the pan. Gently tilting the pan to one side, use a long handled large spoon to baste the foaming butter over the steak. Remember to continue to flip it, otherwise it may overcook on one side.
- Once your steak hits desired internal temperature, remove it from the pan then rest for 10 minutes before enjoying.
STEAK DONENESS GUIDE:
120-125F FOR RARE
130-135F FOR MEDIUM RARE
135-145F FOR MEDIUM
150+ IS WELL DONE
- Category: steak, how to, main