2–3 lb. Top Blade Roast or Flat Iron
¼ cup Worcerstershire sauce
¼ cup soy sauce
2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
¼ cup plus 2 Tbsp. honey
½ cup plus 2 Tbsp. bourbon/whiskey
Salt to taste
- Cut beef into 1-inch cubes. If using Top Blade Roast, make sure to cut away and discard the thick membrane that runs through the middle of the roast.
- Combine Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, ¼ cup honey, and ½ cup bourbon in a bowl or zip top bag. Add the steak tips and refrigerate overnight, or at least 4 hours.
- Heat a heavy based or cast iron skillet to medium-high heat. Spray with a little oil.
- Drain the excess marinade from steak tips and discard.
- Place steak tips in the hot skillet. Cook 5-7 minutes until color develops.
- Mix remaining bourbon and honey in a small bowl, then pour over steak tips to glaze. Continue cooking until glaze has caramelized and darkened to a rich brown color. The tips should have enough salt from the soy sauce, but you can taste them at this stage and add more salt if needed.
- Remove from heat, allowing 2-3 minutes to cool, then serve.