6–8 cups cornbread
1 stick butter
2 stalks celery, finely diced
1 onion, finely diced
6–8 leaves fresh sage, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
1 lb pork sausage with sage
1 cup chicken stock
1 cup dried cranberries
Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 325f.
- Add butter to a pan, and saute the onion and parsley over medium heat until softened, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the chopped herbs, stir through and remove mixture from pan.
- Add the sausage to the pan and brown the meat until cooked through, stirring frequently and breaking it up with a spoon, about 8-10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine sautéed vegetable mix, cornbread and sausage. Add 1 teaspoon of kosher salt (or more to taste).
- Add chicken stock and cranberries, then stir to mix all ingredients.
- Pour into a baking dish/pyrex and bake in oven for 25-30 minutes until brown on top.
- Cuisine: Holiday
Keywords: holiday, stuffing