24 oz large button or baby bella mushrooms
8 oz cream cheese, softened
12 oz bacon, cooked & crumbled
3 jalapeno peppers, seeded & finely diced
4 oz shredded cheese (Cheddar, Asiago or any melting blend)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
½ Tablespoon Hardcore Carnivore Amplify (see note 1)
¼ cup panko crumbs
- Start by making the filling: In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, bacon, diced jalapenos, shredded cheese, garlic powder, Amplify. Mix until well combined.
- Prepare the mushrooms by removing them stems, and use a damp paper towel to wipe off any remaining dirt.
- On a large tray, lay all the mushrooms out with the stem holes facing up. Use a teaspoon scoop the filling into the mushrooms, pressing it in well to fill the hole.
- Sprinkle a small amount of panko on top of each mushroom.
- Light a chimney of Kingsford charcoal. Once the top briquettes have ignited, dump the coals onto one side of the grill, creating a hot and a cool zone.
- Place the mushrooms on the cool side of the grill, away from the coals. Close the lid and cook for 18-20 minutes, until the mushrooms have softened, the cheese melted and the panko has started to turn golden.
- Carefully remove stuffed mushrooms from the grill then serve.
Note 1 – if you do not have Amplify you can omit it, but it does lend a great savory note to the final flavor.
- Method: Grilling