3 lb red or yukon gold potatoes
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 c chopped flat leaf parsley
1/2 cup fried onions
3/4 cup mayonnaise
Juice & zest of one large lemon
2–3 tablespoon cider or white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- Clean the potatoes well using cold water, but leave the skins on. Cut into large chunks that will be manageable for grilling (ie – don’t cut them too small and end up with too many pieces to turn!).
- Place potatoes in a large pot of cold salted water and bring to the boil. Boil until they are *just* tender, and a sharp knife can piece the flesh (they will finish cooking on the grill). The length of time will depend on the size and variety of potato, but about 10-15 minutes. If you overcook the potatoes they will crumble on the grill and be difficult to manage.
- Once the potatoes have softened slightly, drain the water, then toss is the olive oil and sprinkle with a generous amount of salt.
- Heat a grill to medium, about 305-400f. Place the potatoes onto the grates and cook, turning every 3-5 minutes so grill marks develop on all sides. Once cooked, remove the potatoes to a large bowl.
- In a bowl, combine mayo, lemon juice & zest, vinegar and mustard. Salt to taste. Scrape this mixture over the warm potatoes and toss to coat. Add the parsley and toss again.
- Garnish with fried onions and serve while warm.