12 freshly shucked oysters
1 stick butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon salt
10 roasted nori seaweed sheets (snack size)
1 tablespoon bonito flakes
- Heat a grill for high direct heat.
- Finely chop the nori sheets and bonito flakes, then add them and the salt to the butter. The butter should be very soft and at room temperature. Mix well to combine. If not using the butter immediately, roll up in some cling film to form a tube, and store in the fridge.
- Prepare the oysters on a tray or plate. To keep them steady, you can use some scrunched up foil to line the tray then nestle each oyster in. Top each oyster with 1 teaspoons of the butter.
- Gently place the oysters onto the hot grill, over direct heat. Close the grill lid for two minutes.
- After two minutes, open the lid. If the oysters aren’t bubbling leave them a further minute or so with the lid open. As soon as they start to bubble, remove them from the heat and serve immediately.
- Leftover butter can be stored for up to 4 weeks in the fridge, wrapped tightly in plastic wrap.