1 cup fresh blueberries
1 cup fresh rasperries
1 cup fresh cherries, halved and pitted
2 tablespoons sugar
1 heaped teaspoon cornflour
2 x 9″ pie crusts
1–2 tablespoons demerara sugar for sprinkling
8 oz heavy whipping cream
- Heat a grill for indirect heat. On a ceramic grill – insert the ceramic deflector plates and heat the grill to 375f. (SEE NOTE 1)
- Rinse the fruit then place in a bowl. Sprinkle with sugar and cornflour and toss to coat. Set aside.
- Line a tray with parchment paper, and unroll one of the pie crusts. Take the second crust and place on a cutting board, then use a small star shaped cutter to cut out the extra stars.
- Pile the berries into the centre of the unrolled crust, then fold the edges in, about 1.5 inches, all the way around. Take the cut stars and arrange them around the edge of the pie, you can use a little water to make them stick.
- Brush the pastry and stars with a little of the whipping cream, and sprinkle on the demerara sugar. Place into the grill to bake until the crust is golden and the filling is bubbly, about 35-45 minutes.
- Use a stand mixer or whisk to beat the cream until light and fluffy. Serve with the warm pie.
Note 1: you can also make this in a 375f oven, following the same instructions.