These chili lime shrimp tacos have all the best flavor from the grill, and slathered with creamy chipotle sauce.
Talk about instant gratification: these shrimp tacos take just a little bit of prep, but actual cook time is only 5 minutes! Making this recipe even easier, I use Hardcore Carnivore Meatchelada as my seasoning. It’s a premixed chili lime that uses earthy guajillo chillies and real lime juice.Print
Grilled chili lime shrimp tacos
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: serves 4-6 1x
2 lb shrimp – peeled and deveined
2 tablespoons Hardcore Carnivore Meatchelada seasoning
1 cup sour cream
3.5 oz canned chipotle peppers
2 cups shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix
16 corn tortillas
- Start by preparing the chipotle crema. Blend the sour cream with the canned chipotle (do not drain) using a blender or immersion blender. Set aside.
- Next, prepare the shrimp for grilling. Thread the shrimp onto skewers to make them easier to handle on the grill, 4-7 shrimp per skewer (depending on the size of the shrimp and skewers. Metal skewers are recommended to avoid burning).
- Season the shrimp skewers well on both sides with Meatchelada chili lime seasoning, then spritz with some spray oil.
- Light a grill for medium-low cooking, about 300f with the charcoal spread out across the grate.
- Place the tortillas over the charcoal for 10-20 seconds per side to warm them and make them flexible, then place into a piece of folded foil to keep warm.
- Place the shrimp skewers over the coals, and cook for 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from heat, then slide off the skewers.
- To assemble the tacos, layer two tortillas, then add in some cabbage mixture. Layer 3-4 shrimp on top, then finish with a drizzle of the chipotle crema and a wedge of fresh lime on the side.
- If you prefer, tacos can also be assembled with a single tortilla.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Method: Grilling