3 whole acorn squash
2 cups heavy cream
3 oz Asiago cheese, shredded
3 oz Gruyere cheese, shredded
2 teaspoon garlic, minced
1.5 teaspoons kosher salt
2 teaspoons fresh cracked black pepper
1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
2 teaspoons Hardcore Carnivore Red seasoning
chopped chives to garnish (optional)
- Fill a chimney with Kingsford Original charcoal and light. Wait until you can see flames at the very top row of coals before use.
- While the charcoal is igniting, prepare the squash. Cut a very small disc from the top and bottom of the squash so they sit flat. Cut each squash in half across the middle to create two “bowls”. Use a large spoon to scoop out the seeds and pulp, being careful not to puncture through the bottom.
- In a bowl, combine cream, salt, thyme, garlic and pepper. Stir to combine.
- In another bowl – combine cheeses.
- Sprinkle a layer of cheese into each ‘squash bowl’, then top up with the cream mixture. Sprinkle another generous layer of cheese over the cream to create the top of the bowl, then sprinkle with Red seasoning for color.
- Empty the chimney of lit charcoal into one side of a grill, creating a hot and cool zone. Place the squash halves in the cool zone, not directly over the charcoal.
- Close the lid, and cook 45-55 minutes until the squash is tender. The grill should be running at about 350f.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving, filling will be piping hot.